Sunday, September 06, 2009

This is getting a little better. I have been in Cagayan de Oro City for over a year and I must say that a lot has changed since the first time I came back here. No, Cagayan de Oro City still has the pesky Badjaos who pester you with open palms as if all you do in this world is give them money. I had a bit of fun doing the SAMMAKA website and quite a few members have made it a stop. The city fiesta was just celebrated and Xavier University, Ateneo de Cagayan Alumni Association (XU-AAA) also had their annual homecoming although I did not have the chance to attend. The new Miss Cagayan de Oro City was also crowned. Miss CDO is a pretty lass and should have a blast promoting Cagayan de Oro.

It seems to me that the time I spent here in CDO just went like a breeze. I no longer visit my lakatan bananas which have begun to bear fruit. It was a very fruitful year trying to make a go of farming in Cagayan de Oro. Did I learn about natural farming? You bet I did and the knowledge I gained from my little stint as farm manager has done wonders in making me realize the fragility of the earth's biosphere. Corporate farming has really harmed the environment and nothing is being done about it.

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 10:25 AM, Blogger Xang said...

I've been in Cagayan also for quite six months i guess. And I like it, because they don't mind you on how you dress and how you look, unlike in other places mostly in the provinces. I also like the motor drivers here because they are very friendly.

Cagayan de Oro Philippines

 

Post a Comment

<< Home